Interactions between biomolecules play central roles in every life process. To study them a wide range of methods have been developed over the years. The course aims at introducing high end technologies related to the study of molecular interactions from and in biological systems. The course will cover the whole workflow for kinetics and thermodynamics characterization of binding events, from cutting edge protein expression and purification to high sensitivity binding assays. The bridge to in vivo will be crossed with the introduction to advanced light microscopy techniques to study the dynamic interactions of proteins within the living cell.
- state of the art protein expression and purification methods
- macromolecular complexes
- drug discovery
- surface plasmon resonance (SPR) – aka Biacore
- isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC)
- fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)
- fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy (FLIM)
- fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (FCS)
The course will have a strong practical component centered on SPR, ITC and FRET
See Programme for more details on the course content.
SECRETARIAT: EVENT MANAGEMENT OFFICE, IBMC•INEB
TEL: +351 226 074 912 | EMAIL: ACORREIA@IBMC.UP.PT